Motor Fleet Insurance

Motor Fleet Insurance

Compare cheap motor fleet insurance quotes

Compare prices
from top


Fleet Insurance is a type of insurance that a company can purchase to cover all of its vehicles. You can obtain cover for an immense number of vehicles, or a few, that is, six or fewer constitute a mini fleet.

This category of commercial vehicle insurance covers cars, trucks and vans, as well as any other kind of motor vehicle which requires a licence.

Fleet insurance offers various options and cover costs, hence, it pays to shop around prior to deciding on which cover to take out.

Full coverage

Fleet insurance is a kind of commercial insurance, providing insurance cover for a company's motor vehicles. You can opt to have all vehicles covered by the same kinds of coverage or a variety thereof, depending on your requirements.

Full coverage is comprehensive and includes basic liability insurance. This covers repairs and medical costs for accidents that can happen involving your vehicles, your drivers comprehensive) and other injured parties.

You can buy additional coverage which temporarily replaces a vehicle when one of your fleet is out of use. Premiums are more expensive for this policy type. Dependent on vehicle use, it can be worthwhile in the long term.

Liability coverage

You can choose to buy insurance coverage for your fleet which covers just the other party in an accident, that is, liability only. You may buy this kind of limited coverage should you own the vehicles outright. Should you owe a lender for the vehicles, you will have to get full coverage on the vehicle in order to protect the lender's financial interest.

Liability insurance covers the other party's medical costs for injuries and repairs on the vehicle should an accident occur and it is proven that your driver was at fault. This limited kind of insurance cover does not provide your driver and vehicle with any cover. Your premium cost is understandably lower with this policy type.


Insurance companies do not cover claims of incidents for drivers who fail to meet the insurer's licensing requirements. You have to be sure that your drivers are licensed for the vehicle type you have hired them to drive. A DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) report on your drivers will provide you with information as to any accidents the prospective driver has been in where they were at fault as well as speeding offences.

Moreover, it makes sense to fit an electronic immobilising theft system for newer vehicles as this system causes the engine to shut down. Insurance companies offer considerable discounts on coverage for vehicles fitted with these.

Back to Top