When go abroad to study there are a myriad of factors you need to consider, such as, costs in case of a medical emergency, cancellation of trip abroad due to illness, travel delay or cancellation and cover for personal items.
Benefits of Study Abroad Insurance
- Payment of costs in face of medical emergency, supported by a 24 hour English speaking helpline.
- Pre-paid course fees should you need to cancel your trip as a result of illness
- Cover for theft or fire damage to landlord fixtures and fittings when living overseas
- As many trips home as you wish during the period of cover; the cover is on hold until you come back to your host country.
- Mobile cover and laptop cover are included, to the value of £300. You have the option to increase this should you wish.
- Cover for your tuition fees overseas
- Cover for travel delay and cancellation
- Trips you make within your area of cover whilst working abroad
The claims service is easy to use and reliable. You simply register your claim by making a phone call or you go online. As your laptop and mobile phone are both vital to enable you to contact family and friends when you are overseas, we ensure that you have replacements within 24 hours, upon your claim being accepted.
When do I Need to Buy Study Abroad Insurance?
You need buy study abroad insurance when you have committed yourself to any costs related to your trip, especially travel and accommodation costs, as they can be considerable. Should your trip not commence for several weeks, upon buying your study abroad insurance policy, you have cover to re-claim any irrecoverable costs in case you suddenly have to cancel your work or overseas study placement.
If I have already started a Work Placement, can I still Buy this Insurance?
This specialist cover is appropriate for students taking a work placement or internship overseas, given that it is part of your degree. The cover includes as the aforementioned benefits.
What do I do should if I need to make a claim?
Making a claim is straightforward;
You register your claim online or make a phone call, you also have access to a 24 hour English speaking emergency helpline
Specialist Travel Claims Team are empowered to make instant claims decisions. You are allocated a dedicated claims handler, that is, you will be dealing with the same person.
Should your laptop or smartphone be stolen, a replacement is dispatched to you within 24 hours of your claim being accepted.