If you suffer from asthma and need life Insurance, you are in the right place.
Having a medical condition such as asthma can have a major effect on your ability to take out suitable life cover. Insurers may either turn down your request or quote you a high premium without even determining the severity of your condition.
Our partners specialise in life cover for those with pre-existing conditions that make them a higher risk to insurance companies. They understand asthma from an impaired life insurance underwriting standpoint; know which life insurance providers to work with based on your condition and how to get you the most competitive rates.
How asthma can affect life insurance
Asthma is a chronic condition that affects the lungs and airways, often causing breathing difficulties.
When calculating your insurance risk and relevant insurance rate, insurers will take the following asthma-related factors into account:
- The type of asthma you have – do you suffer from allergic asthma (asthma triggered by an external source such as dust, pollen or mould) or non-allergic asthma (asthma triggered by non allergy- sources such as exercise, cold air, having a cold, etc).
- The severity of your asthma – do you have mild, moderate or severe asthma attacks (the latter is generally underlined by multiple hospitalisations, frequent use of steroids, difficulty in breathing between attacks, etc).
- The frequency of your asthma – how often do you experience an asthma attack? Frequent attacks usually indicate severe asthma.
- Your age – how old were you when first diagnosed with asthma and your current age.
- Medication – are you on any medication for your asthma, and if so, which ones do you take (e.g. oral medications, inhaled bronchodilators, inhaled corticosteroids, oral or injected steroids, etc).
Note; the life insurance rate you receive will largely depend on how severe your asthma is, the medications you take and how well your condition is controlled.
Let us help you get the life insurance coverage you need.
lease note this information is for illustration purposes only and we cannot guarantee that a client with asthma will be accepted for life insurance.