What is a park home?
A park home is also called a mobile home or residential caravan.
It is described as a structure designed for residential purposes that meets the specification of British Standard 3632 and is pre-fabricated partially or entirely and is assembled and placed on site as per manufacturer’s instructions.
Park homes need to meet BS3632 specification in order that they are weather resistant and built in a structurally sound way.
What can park home insurance cover?
Park home insurance can cover owners of park homes of any age.
The cover can apply to the park home itself, any ancillary domestic outbuildings, fixed storage chalets, balconies, steps, patios, skirting and related gates and fences.
Key benefits of park home insurance cover
Park home cover benefits can include:
- Flood or storm damage
- Theft or attempted theft
- Vandalism or malicious acts
- Fire, smoke, explosion, lightning and earthquake
- Subsidence, landslip or heave of the land where your park home is located
- Water or oil escaping from domestic water or heating installation
- “Loss of use” cover should the park home become inhabitable after loss or damage by an insured peril which can amount to ten per cent of the total sum insured on your park home
- Public Liability Cover