Should you own a minibus you can make money transporting people to business meetings, conferences, sporting events and nights out on the town. What is necessary is to get the correct minibus insurance.
Should anything untoward happen and you do not have adequate cover your livelihood could be at risk. When choosing minibus insurance look for the following features:
- Fully comprehensive, third party, fire and theft cover
- Private and public hire cover
- Insurance policies for drivers aged between 21 and 70
- Leisure, sports club, school and charity insurance
- Replacement minibus for non-fault accidents
- Breakdown minibus cover which includes home start and European protection
Minibuses can be purpose-built vehicles or converted vans, with the majority of minibuses having a minimum of nine seats including the driver and a seating capacity for seventeen passengers. A minibus from which the seats have been removed must be re-registered with the DVLA with its correct new seating capacity and have the logbook amended prior to insurance being granted.
Know about your minibus insurance
It is advisable to know how insurance works so that you can be pointed in the correct direction with regard to prices and policies. Insurance varies given the amount of premium you have to pay, the cover you receive, including the excess which is the amount you pay if an accident happens and you need to use the claims service.